Lisboa Para Pessoas is a local newspaper and community portal on metropolitan Lisbon, which brings together information, tools and people.
Mobility, Housing, Sustainability, Citizenship
Advertise in the most widely read regional newspaper. We are looking for associations, cooperatives and other social sector entities in the city and metropolitan area of Lisbon. We sell visibility.
What do we do? We publish articles about the Lisbon metropolitan area, guides with useful information, and a library with documents and tools. We bring together a community interested in the future of cities.
Why do we do it? Cities as we know them today will change. The current model of urban development has proven to be unsustainable from a social, environmental and economic point of view. Therefore, the cities of the future will definitely be about a more humane and inclusive urban environment, where people can be and move around safely, without feeling constrained by one mode of transport.
A newspaper open to the Community.
LPP has an open call for articles. We accept chronicles, essays, opinion pieces, reports, interviews and other proposals.
Lisboa Para Pessoas is based on 10 years of experience in social communication, and is co-created in community.
Mário Rui André
Mário is the founder of Lisboa Para Pessoas, managing the project full time and writing most of the stories and content.
João Gabriel Ribeiro
João is responsible for Shifter and lends his experience to LPP, helping to define the content and the project.
LPP Advisory and Editorial Board
The LPP Advisory and Editorial Board is an informal body that helps co-construct this project. It meets once a month by video call and includes people from different fields who are willing to offer their time.
With the crisis in journalism, the concentration of media groups and social media as the main source of news and commentary, information about cities has become a scarce commodity and discussions shallow and superficial. This scenario is especially problematic given all the challenges cities face in adapting to climate change, in the modal shift towards less car dependency and towards more lively and dynamic public spaces.
All these challenges will require a profound civic participation, which must start with information, community building and empowerment for action. However, the city and metropolitan area of Lisbon, despite having three million inhabitants, is one of the European capitals with the worst information offer and a territory where, looking at abstention data, thousands of people feel disconnected from politics, and unable to know how their voice can be heard.
Because the basis of an equal democracy and a healthy society is information and literacy.
Lisboa Para Pessoas (LPP) wants to become a reference in these two dimensions: providing relevant information, usually dispersed or inaccessible, about the city's decision-making processes, fostering community spirit and the sharing of interesting and inspiring stories, as well as creating a solid knowledge and information base for those looking to adopt new mobility habits or enjoy the city, enjoy public space and/or promote civic participation and democratic involvement actions.
LPP contributes to a more active and participative city in the development of sustainable mobility behaviours and in the adoption of new behaviours of living in the city, through the organization of information in a more consequent and innovative way. The project seeks to prepare and accompany urban transformations and paradigm shifts in mobility, housing and work, with information, discussion and training work that promotes education for citizenship and collective awareness.
Yes, of course. It has no affiliation with the City Council, political parties or any public or private institution. Lisboa Para Pessoas is a publishing project that belongs to its community.
Because we are not alone. Lisboa Para Pessoas seeks to bring together journalists, photographers, videographers, thinkers, experts, activists... who organically already create content in their networks. It wants to cross institutional domains with collaborative content from the community and with its own original production. It is a meeting point for ideas, initiatives and news, connecting users of the public space, political institutions, movements and associations, businesses and authorities. Lisboa Para Pessoas was born from the realization that useful and interesting information is scattered among different channels.
No. Lisboa Para Pessoas seeks revenues, not profits. Its budget is human and defined around the costs, human and material, necessary to maintain this editorial and community project.
Since its launch, Lisboa Para Pessoas has been growing, proving its importance in a changing city and revealing a growing demand for in-depth and contextualized information about Lisbon and the metropolitan area.
Founded in February 2021, Lisboa Para Pessoas publishes up-to-date and relevant information about the city and the metropolitan area: mobility, sustainability, public space and citizenship.
Lisboa Para Pessoas promotes a vision of a more human, inclusive and participative city, connecting the different agents of the public sphere: political bodies with academia, companies and community initiatives.
In 2022, Lisboa Para Pessoas raised €11,110 in crowdfunding, the largest campaign ever launched for a local journalism project.
Lisboa Para Pessoas and Shifter share the same home - two media outlets with the mission of disseminating essential knowledge for a changing world. We do it in two axes: in Lisboa Para Pessoas, we address the transition in cities with an epicenter in Lisbon; in Shifter, we address the digitalization of societies.
- O Lisbon For People is a regional, daily, community-based publication about sustainable mobility in Lisbon, and the experience of the city and its public space.
- O Lisbon For People has no affiliation with the City Council, political parties or any public or private institution. Lisboa Para Pessoas is a publishing project that belongs to its community.
- O Lisbon For People is a convergent project in the sense that it functions as a meeting point for ideas, initiatives, and news, connecting users of public space, political institutions, movements and associations, businesses, and authorities.
- O Lisbon For People seeks to bring together journalists, photographers, videographers, thinkers, experts, activists... who organically already create content on their networks. It wants to cross institutional domains with collaborative content from the community and with its own original production.
- O Lisbon For People takes on a participative and constructive role in the city, proposing a form of city.
- O Lisbon For People is non-profit. It seeks revenue, not profits.
- O Lisbon For People considers its action a service of public interest.
- O Lisbon For People does not react to economic, corporate, or partisan interests; answers for himself and his community, refusing any kind of interference in his work.
- O Lisbon For People follows the Journalist Code of Ethics, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, the Charter of Fundamental Rights of the European Union, and the Constitution of the Portuguese Republic.
- O Lisbon For People is committed to complying with the laws governing the Internet and the media, and to promoting respect and good faith among its readers.
Technical Data Sheet
Owner: Shifter Generation Lda
Manager/shareholder: Mário Rui Branco Correia Martins André
Fiscal Headquarters: Estrada de Benfica, 701A; 1500-087 Lisbon, Portugal
Taxpayer No: 513786040
Director & Editor: Mário Rui Branco Correia Martins André
Headquarters (Editorial and Publisher): Estrada de Benfica, 701-A; 1500-087 Lisbon
ERC Registration No: 127 531
Phone: +351 218 710 829
WhatsApp: +351 968 568 137
E-mail: [email protected]
Lisbon For People
Hundred Lisboa Business Center | GC 30
Av. Almirante Gago Coutinho 30, piso 1, 1000-017 Lisboa